1 box of Penne pasta
1 green bell pepper (remove core and take out all seeds, slice in strips)
1 red bell pepper (remove core and take out all seeds, slice in strips)
1 yellow bell pepper (remove core and take out all seeds, slice in strips)
1 small box of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 can of sliced black olives (drained)
1 large yellow onion (Sliced and diced)
Olive oil (as needed)
¼ cup butter
Diced roasted garlic
- In a large pot boil water and cook the pasta until the pasta is al dente and drain in a colander.
- In the meantime when the pasta is being cooked, pour two tablespoons of olive oil and butter into a large frying pan with high sides at medium heat.
- After butter is fully melted put in onions and stir until they start to caramelize.
- Add the bell peppers and stir slightly. Cover and simmer until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add more olive oil as needed to prevent burning of vegetables.
- Add two full tablespoons of garlic and stir to evenly disperse the garlic among the vegetables.
- Add a couple of pinches of oregano, and a lite sprinkling of Rosemary and Thyme and stir to mix in.
- Add the olives and mushrooms and stir to mix.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and add drained pasta to the vegetables and mix in so the pasta is coated with oil and spices.
- Turn off heat and let set a few minutes and dish up.
- Add pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.
[Editor's Note: Christiana wanted to share this recipe with the fans but didn't have a picture of it but she did have some pictures of her making a cake. We didn't think anyone would mind the substitution.]