I constantly have to watch my figure, but really enjoy a nice hearty breakfast to start my day. This keto-friendly / low-carb breakfast casserole with fulfill all your morning energy needs and is incredibly easy to make. Use this as your breakfast meal prep to add some delicious flavors and an easy meal to you weekly routine!
- 1 lb Breakfast sausage
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- In a greased skillet over medium-high heat, cook the minced garlic for about one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the breakfast sausage. Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking apart with a spatula, until browned.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, half of the cheddar cheese, sea salt, and black pepper
- Grease the bottom of a glass or ceramic 9"x9" casserole dish. Arrange the crumbled sausage evenly at the bottom of the casserole dish. (If you want to add any pre-cooked vegetables to your casserole, mix them with the sausage at this step.)
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until the eggs are set and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
total fat - 23 g
carbs- 1 g
sugars- 0 grams
protein - 17 g
Recipe and Photos Courtesy of Anna Claire Clouds