- 1 head broccoli
- 4 tbsp coconut oil divided
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 leek cleaned and slice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 head of kale chopped and divided
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups non dairy milk (I used almond milk but coconut milk works too)
- 1/2-1 tsp salt *add more depending on your taste*
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and chop kale, then dry thoroughly before tossing 2 cups of it with 1-2 tsp olive oil, massaging oil into leaves and seasoning with salt before spreading onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set aside for now.
- Trim and wash broccoli, then cut into florets. Melt 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large pot on med-high heat. Saute onions, leek and garlic.
- Add broccoli and vegetable broth, bringing to a boil then simmering for 2 min until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 2 cups of chopped kale, letting cool for about 15 min before pureeing vegetables in a blender (I used my Vitamix for this )
- While waiting for the veggies to cool, you can make your kale chips! Bake them in the preheated oven for 7-8 min, checking and flipping them every couple minutes so they don't burn. When they're crispy, remove them from the oven and set aside to top your soup with.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp coconut oil in the large pot on med-high heat. Whisk in flour, then gradually add your non-dairy milk, salt and pepper, stirring til thickened. Stir in vegetable puree and top with pumpkin seeds and kale chips.
Serving Suggestion: Sliced avocado on top. Yummmmm!
See more of Jenevieve Hexxx on the tweety!